Tuesday, June 30, 2015


The Hunger Games: The Exhibition opens tomorrow at Discovery Times Square in New York City. I was invited to a special viewing of the exhibition on Sunday, and I can't be happier that I went. 

I'd like to guide you through the tour, but I won't be sharing spoilers. This is stuff you can find at the Hunger Games Exhibition website and other public sources. So, let's begin. 

Interactives are a big part of the Exhibition.
The interactive pieces of the Hunger Games Exhibition were very cool to use during the exhibit itself. I won't go much into detail about that, but I'll give you a hint using the picture above. 

Image via Panem Propaganda
The Justice Building looked like this in the process of creating it.
"Welcome, Welcome!"
"Hi, I'm Elizabeth Banks."
THE PRESHOW: The pre-show was very emotional and sent a good message before fans entered the exhibit. In my opinion, I think the pre-show was to remind fans why they come to the exhibit. The pre-show itself got me more excited for the exhibition, so much that I rushed to the door (when they didn't even open yet) because I needed to see it for myself.

The Hob
Gale and Katniss
Katniss (Left) and Prim
The Panem Map
The Panem Map
"Ladies first!"
DISTRICT 12: From the Hob to the Justice Building, the District 12 portion of the exhibit gave a sense about how poor District 12 really is and how much it had an effect on The Hunger Games series. Without it, would we have a story? Suzanne Collins helped out with the Panem Map for the exhibition. And for a fun fact, during the reaping scene, the names were filled with Primrose Everdeen and Peeta Mellark so Elizabeth Banks (Effie) couldn't pick another name. Good thinking!


"You two are in for a treat!"
"Stay with me."
TRIBUTE TRAIN: The Tribute Train was beautiful! The deserts look VERY spectacular, but we can't eat them. Don't miss the opportunity to sit in the space that Katniss and Peeta had their talk about being friends and the games, on the way to District 11. It was a nice experience to 'travel' on the tribute train, leading us to our next destination... The Capitol. 

Panem Today, Panem Tomorrow, Panem Forever
The Victory Party
The 74th Annual Hunger Games
"Whoever you are, whatever it is you're doing..."
Johanna and Rue next to Capitol Training Weapons
The Gamemakers Table
The Training Center
"You two deserved.. so much better."
"Deep in the meadows.."
"From District 12, District 12, you know her as the girl on FIRE!"
"Cinna.... he's dead isn't he?"
"This is the 75th Year of The Hunger Games."
Welcome to The Capitol.

THE CAPITOL: The Capitol was full of amazing props from training, Capitol TV and much more! I felt like I was actually in The Capitol. This was my favorite, by far! Ceaser Flickerman and I had a weird but fun chat, I saw a tribute parade, and even after I left, I was still amused. I like this exhibit a lot because it shows you how much work goes into the games, making them interesting, while showing you what makes them so destructive. There's so much to see and do in The Capitol, and you'll get a hint of it in the Exhibition. 


"This is a pirate transmission from District 13.."
"The Mockingjay Lives."
"Join the Revolution... Unite."
DISTRICT 13: I loved the District 13 piece of The Exhibition! It was so cool to see everything up-close. The best quote of the day? "It's the future, baby!" You'll be able to see that the revolution cannot be done without technology, power and teamwork. Don't forget to say "Hello" to Beetee, and spread your message about the Mockingjay in this part....


Mockingjay Outfit
Mockingjay Dress
Catching Fire Wedding Dress
Peeta in the Gift Shop
KATNISS JOURNEY: This part is VERY emotional and VERY short. It's literally a room, but it's big enough to make you get emotional. Fans will see moments from each film as well as the beautiful outfits worn at those points in the film. It's a nice place to think about all Katniss' has been through and how much she has grown! I enjoyed it very much. 

FAN GALLERY: Because we don't have permission to use the artwork from fans, we didn't show a picture. Plus, it's worth the surprise! Take this opportunity to see how much the story has made an impact in the world. It was very nice to see and I was very amused at it. 

GIFT SHOP: Bring money. That's all I'll say.



Overall, this was a very nice visit. If you haven't gotten your tickets now, you need to do that -- it's worth it! 

Thank you to Molly from Panem Propaganda for introducing me to some others in the fan sites. Very fun!

What you need to know: 
You need to know that... Tim Palen's PHOTOGRAPHS FROM THE HUNGER GAMES is $75 at the Exhibition. The new Mockingjay - Part 2 pin is $5. 
I would bring about $20-$100. There is no Mockingjay Part 2 trailer or exclusives at the exhibition. If you have any questions, please ask us on our TUMBLR, Social Media, or below. 


Read our exclusive guide HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

A Message from Life in District 13

Did you love Life in District 13's reviews, blogposts and more? Guess what! We have a new site coming. Stay tuned for information. 

Imagine Tomorrow.

Categories

Life in District 13 (2014-2015). Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts